Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Release Day for Stonewall HInkleman

Just wishing Sam and Michael a happy release day for Stonewall Hinkleman and the Battle of Bull Run.

What's the best way to celebrate a new book? With a musical playlist!!! Since I haven't actually gotten to preview the book (something I hope to rectify by this afternoon), my song choices are based on what Sam's told me about it. Maybe I'll update my picks after I've read it.

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (The Band).
Shenandoah (Tony Rice's version)
We've Gotta Get Out of this Place (The Animals)
Time Machine (Grand Funk Railroad)
Twilight (ELO) (Kind of appropriate, and I had to throw in an ELO song for Sam.)

Okay, and I just have to add this link to The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down as performed by Joan Baez on the Muppet Show... I love the Band's version the best, but how can you deny Muppets?

1 comment:

Sam said...

Yes! Yes! and Yes!
Great choices!

Twilight's a great choice because of the time travel theme.