Monday, April 9, 2007

organizing my life

I'm not so good at organization. Witness: my bedroom. The countertops. The bookshelves. But this morning I had a lot of appointments to make and people to contact. My usual filing and procrastination systems were just not options.
I wrote down all of the numbers I needed to dial last night. At 8 a.m., I began making calls. By 8:20 a.m. I had:
A dentist appointment
An appointment for an X-ray (which is code for mammogram, but I'm still not comfortable letting it all hang out on a blog. So to speak.)
An appointment with the pest control people
The confirmation that my son doesn't really need a second TB test
The dollar amount that we paid in taxes on our two automobiles last year (That would be $48)

This is the most I've accomplished in one morning since before I had kids. I'm thinking of writing Heloise. My letter would also include a hint to making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and French toast without destroying the bread. (In case you wondered: The bread should be frozen.)

No comments: