Wednesday, April 9, 2008

hair today, gone tomorrow

Along with my obsession with church signs, I've also had an obsession with names of hair cutteries, specifically those that are built around bad puns.

My favorite has always been Hairport in Pembroke, Va. I almost declared a new winner after listening to today's Kojo Nnamde show, but the name of the shop turned out to be "Hair Rage" instead of "Hair Raid."

Others I've come across

Make 'n' Waves (Dublin VA)
Last Tangle in Washington (DC)
Hare Affair (Fairlawn, Va. Because rabbits need haircuts, too???)
Chopping Block (Wytheville, Va.)

My friend Laura sent in Curl Up and Dye, though she can't remember where she saw it. Southwest, Va.? An Internet scan shows one in L.A., one in Vegas, and another in Minneapolis. (Laura is slightly reminiscent of Mary Tyler Moore, but I don't think she's spent much time getting her hair done in Minnesota.)

I'll add more when I think of them...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

We have a Curl Up and Dye here in Wichita!! Or at least we did, when I lived in a little house in Riverside. It was right across the street. :)