Monday, February 4, 2008

teapots


If you get nauseous easily, do not read the rest of this post. Because today I am writing about: The NetiPot. This is where you take a teapot, pour it in one nostril, and watch the fluid come out the other. As long as you get the angle right, it doesn't go down your throat.

You can watch a youtube video of someone trying this at fatguy radio.

You cannot watch a video of me doing it as my husband was totally grossed out. The doc-in-the-box recommended this to me yesterday. I waited three hours for this advice (plus antibiotics) and at the end of those three hours, I was ready to try ANYTHING. I am feeling a little better this morning, though I cannot say whether it is the sudafed, the tylenol, the antibiotics or the NetiPot. But at this point I am likely to give credit to the NetiPot. I believe it works on two levels:

1. The salt water irrigates your sinuses and helps take care of any wicked bacteria in there that regular nasal spray won't stop.
2. Your brain decides it has to be working because you would never try anything this disgusting unless you were guaranteed results.

No comments: