Thursday, November 8, 2007

poetry friday

You might be asking, if you ask yourself such things: What is Poetry Friday? And isn't it Thursday?
And I might be answering, if I answer such things:
Poetry Friday is a day set aside for blogging about poetry -- by kids, for kids, for grownups, for geese -- from the people who blog about that sort of stuff anyway (and from the people who blog about that sort of stuff as it relates to kids lit in particular.) I blog about that sort of stuff only sometimes. In fact, I blog only sometimes, which is why I'm writing this on a Thursday. Who knows where I'll be tomorrow?

Today's poem is by my 3-year-old gal, who has recently been learning about rhyming. She meant it to be a song lyric:

I fly high
up in the sky
I bumped my head
and I didn't cry

No comments: