Friday, July 20, 2007

new vehicles

So we've just bought ourselves a new vehicle. Am suffering from buyer's remorse in that
1. it isn't a hybrid
2. it isn't a station wagon.
We weren't station wagon people when I was a kid, we were sedan people. Now that I'm a grownup and should get to BE a station wagon person, I just couldn't find the right option. I was ticked off at Suburu for the way they treated us when our old Suburu died. The Passat didn't stack up in consumer reports (or our own affordability index). And my beloved Toyota STOPPED MAKING STATION WAGONS SOMETIME IN THE 90s. So here we are in a regular Accord, which looks kind of purlish in the right light. I feel like I'm cheating on Toyota (my Corolla has 230,000 miles and counting) but they let me down first with this station wagon business.

At least we didn't get a KIA Sedona. And at least, as I enter into my first car payment since 1995, I now know what kind of cars are out there. My friend Mia says they don't make cars for people like us. I think she might be right.

No comments: